Tuesday, June 14, 2011

ps=bs

For your entertainment, a conversation with my friend:

Friend: How's your PS?
Me: ps=bs
Friend: exactly

The beauty of the equation is twofold. It, for one, brings forward the incredulous idea of putting myself on paper in 5300 characters. It's also a thinly veiled insult that highlights the poppycock that is my personal statement.
Confessions of a thesaurus abuser: I looked up a synonym for crap because "crap" sounded so prosaic. At least poppycock ignites the imagination.

And now I shall take this opportunity to exact vengeance (not really). Why you ask? I am inspired by this:

Dear Life,

When I posted the ps=bs equation on SDN, accompanied by a sincerely desperate request to read my personal statement, I received many helpful responses, and then there was this response:
Mind you, this person has never met me, not even sure if they have read the blog to get some sense of who I am (insert self-deprecating yet ever lovable Asian pre-med bordering on quarter life crisis), and they meted out judgement, just like that. I guess I should have seen it coming. Internet is not a place for nuance.
Point of reference: Senator hopeful Deutsch's twitter debacle

Evidence 7:
I was relieved to get an 84 (80 + 4-pt curve) on my Anatomy test. An Asian would be crying right now, blaming the misalignment of Venus and Mars.
Evidence 8: It's June 14th, and I still haven't submitted my primary AMCAS application.



No comments:

Post a Comment