Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mrs. MD Degree

Another entertaining conversation for your amusement:

Me
: My dreams of marrying a doctor have been crushed. Almost none of the schools have a large percentage of Asian Indians :(
Note to those reading: I am half joking, half serious.
Friend: lol. I thought it would be better to avoid schools with lots of asians
Me
: For grades purposes, yes. For Mrs. Degree purposes, no.
Friend: rofl

This brings me to the medium of marriage in our generation. You guys have EHarmony.com (or Match.com if Eharmony.com rejects you), and we have Shaadi.com. For your amusement, I have posted some comments I saw while cruising the site for entertainment (It never fails!, and yes, I recognize how suspicious this looks). I won't be so cruel as to post their actual profiles, though I suppose it wouldn't be as cruel considering it is in a public forum. Regardless, some amount of sensitivity must me maintained:

HI IM LOOKING FOR A DECENT LIFE PARTNER
Note to self: Um, that's it? I guess he has low expectations. Good for him...?

i wish to get marriage with my sister in september sam day
Note to self: Uh, what? I am praying he meant he wanted to get married on the same day as his sister because if not, this is seriously messed up, even more so than Bill Henrickson's love life in Big Love.

I am VERY health conscience.
Note to self: What? When did health become a moral obligation? I guess I should lay off the bon bons and nightly trysts with Rocky Road and Chunky Monkey.

Have you ever been arrested?
Note to self: This reminds of all the questions on SDN about gunners. Chances are, if you're posting about one, you're one. It takes one to know one.

i am very intelligent punctual sincere and responcible person and i am not saying this by myself its opinion of others
Note to self: I guess intelligence doesn't come with editing skills or humbleness?

Father a lawyer and Mother a medical doctor. Very talented family full of great energy and vigor. An outgoing bunch. One brother in the process of completing his degree in Law, and my sister has begun her Medical studies this Fall at an Ivy League university. Basically, when you look up in the sky you'll see our asses in the air because we've made it to the top.
Note to self:
Because who doesn't enjoy looking at their in-laws' asses?

From the same poster as above:

One last note: I'm not as mean as I may sound in this profile. Some of you have sent me lots of hate for no particular reason. I'm very straight forward --an upfront guy. Having a high self esteem is crucial and though I'm not a vain guy all the ceilings of our home have full length mirrors installed so I can always look up to myself.

Note to self: Mean? Narcissistic? Whoever came up with those words to describe you were WAY OFF the mark.


So not all the profiles sucked and this one was pretty awesome. I included it to let you know not all guys are self-conceited bastards (or they're very good writers who can hide said conceitedness?). This one is linked since he didn't say anything God awful embarrassing or cringe worthy. You never know, you could be thanking me later.


OK so here's the deal. I don't want to be on this site and neither do you. Not because I don't want to get married but because i don't want to resort to these kind of sites. However I realized that if you keep focusing on how you meet someone you are going to miss out on some amazing people. So add me on here. Regardless if im not your type or younger or not the same caste.. bc you never know. I might not be right for you but I might know someone who is.

The truth is we all want to give ourselves a great story on how we met and so do I. But it's about time I stop focusing on the "how" and focus on the "who" because in the grand scheme of things its not the story you fall in love with, it's the person.

So I'm an architectural engineer with tons of hobbies. Each year I make a list of things I want to do this year. They might give you an insight on the kind of person i am.

Run the rocky steps. Learn archery. Ride Dune Buggies/ snowmobile. Learn to surf. Learn to snowboard. Do stand up routine at a comedy club. Learn to juggle 3 balls. (for at least 10 seconds) Bungee Jump. Learn sign language. Learn keyboards. Take an improv class. Go camping. Get into a cab and yell "Follow that cab"!" Pack my bags. Go to a train station and literally take a midnight train going anywhere". Buy a really good self help book and leave it on a train with a note that say "you were meant to find this". Visit a nursing home. Hang Glide. Buy someone a gift anonymously and never tell em who it's from. ( it may be u). Create my own special signature dish. Ride a horse ( while wearing old spice). Scuba diving. Learn to fly a kite (dude that shit is hard) Watch the top IMDB 250 and/or AFI top 100 movies. Go to the Opera or ballet. Take a vacation by myself


Now, back to secondaries (AKA staring at the computer screen blankly, praying for some inspiration).

No comments:

Post a Comment